//php print_r($this); ?>
Point of Sale (POS) is where you execute a transaction. Your POS computer groupings are defined for each Business Unit and set up in the POS Configuration where they are then assigned to specific Workstations. Entering items in POS can be done in either Manual Mode or in Scan Mode. The MosoMRM POS is a touch screen system. If you do not have a touch screen monitor however, all transactions can be manually entered or entered with a mouse.
Many products REQUIRE that a member be selected for purchase. If you selected the Member Required check box during Item Setup(Step 13), that product requires that you select a member in POS to finalize the transaction. If you select a product that requires a member for purchase, and have not yet selected a customer, a warning message will display in the Find a Customer search box informing you that a customer must be selected to continue with this item.
If the product does NOT require a member to be selected, you can proceed directly into adding other items and finalizing the transaction. Also, specific Tender Types may be restricted to members only. If you selected the Member Only check box when you added the Tender Type during System Configuration, that Tender Type can only be used by a member. If you select that Tender Type for a non-member, you will be prompted to select a member to proceed.
There are two (2) primary navigation methods to POS:
- Click the POS icon in the left navigation panel.
- Click the POS button in top right corner of a Member Profile.
You will also be directed to POS when you click the Payment button in the last step of the Agreement Writer. However, you would only use this method during that process.
When you access POS from the left navigation panel, you may also have to search for and select a member. If you access POS from the Member Profile, the member's information is auto-populated.
Regardless of the method you use to access POS, you will be prompted to select an Account for that member. If the Member has has only one Account, you will go directly to the POS user interface.
PIN Code Requirements
You are REQUIRED to enter your PIN Code to start the following POS Transactions (NOTE: This also applies to making a Payment in the Invoices tab on the Member Profile):
- Pulling up a Member
- Adding an Item whether a Member is selected or not
You will be prompted to enter your PIN when you select an item at the start of the transaction even if you are the currently logged-in User. (NOTE: If you navigate to POS from a Member Profile, the Enter PIN prompt will display before you select an item.)
- If you are not the currently logged-in User, you will be prompted to enter your PIN and at that point, you will be changed to the logged-in User for the duration of the transaction.
- Though this is a temporary change, the new User's permissions will be applied especially having the proper permissions at that specific Workstation.
- The new User will be the default Sales Person for the items added in the transaction. This comes into effect should the items in the transaction require a commission payment.
The User will revert back to the originally logged-in User when any of the following occur in POS (or in Invoices tab):
- The transaction is Finalized
- The transaction is Cancelled
- POS or the Payment screens are closed without Finalizing or Cancelling the transaction
Entering a Transaction
These are the steps for selling a product in Manual Mode.
There are multiple buttons available on the POS User Interface that give you the ability to adjust the quantities, edit, cancel and remove items and add comments to the transaction (see POS Features).
To Enter a Transaction in POS:
- Navigate to POS using one of the previously stated methods. The POS User Interface displays.
- Enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) in the Enter PIN pop window (REQUIRED).
- If you accessed POS from the icon in the left navigation panel, click the Select Customer button. The Find a customer pop-up displays. Do a Member Search and select the correct member, and their appropriate Account (if required), and click OK. That Account will display below the Member's name next to their ID number.
- If you accessed POS from a Member Profile, the Find a Customer pop-up displays immediately if they have multiple Accounts.
- If they do not have multiple active accounts, this step will be bypassed.
- Select the appropriate Account (if required), and click OK.
- If you click the Cancel button, it will clear all of the listed Accounts and default to the Primary Account. If you click the Cancel button again, you will be returned to the standard POS screen to select an item without an Account being selected.
- Enter your PIN code in the pop-up window and click the OK button.
- Do an Item Search in the left panel.
- Click a Category and then select an item.
- Or Enter the Item Number or start entering a Description of the item in the Item Search and select the item.
- Each selection displays as a separate line item in the right panel (white) along with it's default Quantity, Unit Price, and total Amount.
- The current item selection at any point will be highlighted (dark gray).
- If you select a Bundle, the Bundle Name will display (yellow) with each item within that Bundle listed beneath it on separate lines.
- If the item is taxable, the Sales Tax will display on a separate line (light gray) below the item.
- To add additional items to the transaction, repeat Steps 2 and 3. (NOTE: In the screen shot below, notice that the Qty +/- button is inactive. Since the current "active" item (dark gray highlight) in this transaction is a Bundle, additional quantities of can not be added using this button. If the "Club Logo Shirt" was the active item, that button will reactivate).
- When you have added all of the items, click the Add Tender button. The Add Payment screen will display over the Transaction.
- Select a Tender Type (left panel). The corresponding Tender Interface will display to the right of the screen or touch pad (you can use Multiple Tender Types in a transaction).
- The Amount field will always default to the Total Amount. Use the touch pad or click in the specific fields to enter all of the required information in Tender Interface to finalize the Transaction e.g. For the "Check" Tender Interface, you will need to enter the Check Number.
- Use the touch pad (or keyboard) to enter a different tender amount if necessary e.g. if you are using multiple Tender Types.
- If you selected a "Cash" Tender, use the touch pad (or keyboard) to enter the amount of cash that was actually tendered to get accurate change for the customer e.g. if the Total Amount was $15.95 and you were handed a $20 bill, enter "20" in the Amount field and the proper change ($4.05) will display at the bottom of the Amount column in the right panel.
- Click the Add Tender Button.
- If there is a remaining balance on the Transaction, the Add Tender button will remain active. (Remember...if you did not select the Allow Multiple check box when you set up the Tender Type, you can NOT use that Tender Type again in this Transaction).
- If the original Tender pays the Transaction in-full, the Finalize Transaction button activates, replacing the Add Tender button and you will no longer be able to apply any Tenders to the Transaction.
- Click the Finalize Transaction button. A confirmation pop-up displays over the transaction screen. If you are ready to finalize the transaction, click Yes.
IMPORTANT NOTE...In the Payments section:
The cashier that is currently logged in user at that register at the time of the transaction and the associated register name are noted for EACH payment in the transaction. If you have multiple payments on a receipt, these will display multiple times on the receipt.
After the transaction is finalized (you may see a progress bar working), the Receipt will display. Click the Done button if you are not printing or sending the receipt via email. Otherwise, you can:
- Print All - This is for an item that is configured to print multiple receipts. If the item is configured to print two (2) receipts and you select this button, two (2) copies of both the Merchant and Customer copies will be print.
- Print One – If you select this button, one (1) copy of the option you selected in the Print One Prints drop-down list in the Workstations configuration. The options include:
- For example, if you selected the "Both" option, you will print one (1) copy each of the Merchant and Customer receipts for total of two (2) total pages. If you selected the "Customer" option, only the Customer receipt will be printed.
- Email – The first email address listed on a Member's Profile page will auto populate the To field (email). If they are not a member/customer in the database, you can add a recipients email address to this field. If you are NOT changing the email address, adding a Carbon Copy (CC), or Blind Carbon Copy (BCC), click the Send button.
- If you are adding a CC or BCC to the email, after adding your original recipient (To), click the down arrow and select either CC or BCC from the drop-down list.
- Enter the email address in the text box. Repeat if necessary for another CC or BCC. Click Send.
There are many different functions you can perform during a Transaction at the Item level. These include:
- Changing the Quantity of a line item.
- Removing an item from the Transaction.
- Several Editing features include:
- Returning an item.
- Editing the Price of an item within the designated price range.
- Adding Discounts.
- Changing a Start Date.
- Duplicating a line item.
- Adding Item Comments.
- View Gift Card Information and Manage Gift Cards.
- Changing the Sales Person for a transaction or specific item in the transaction.
The Cancel button gives you the option to cancel the Transaction while it is in progress. If you click the Cancel button, a Confirmation pop-up displays giving you the option to continue with the cancellation.
The Transactions button gives you the ability to search for and access Invoice information:
The Shift button gives you the ability to manage your shifts (cash drawers).
The Open Drawer gives you the ability to open the cash drawer without finalizing a Transaction.
To get into Scan mode, simply click the Scan mode icon in the top right corner of the left panel in of POS (the icon looks like a Barcode).
Once you are in Scan mode, you are solely in that mode. You can move your cursor but if you click the cursor on anything in POS, Scan mode will immediately be paused. To resume Scan mode, click the Resume button, which will display when you the mode is paused, at the bottom of the left panel.
The POS Search is still functional in Scan mode. While in Scan mode, you can search and go into an Item from the System Configuration, copy the UPC (control+C) from the Item UPC field, and paste it into POS (Control+V(release)+Enter). If the item is a match, it will display in the transaction panel and be ready for tendering.
|Point of Sale|
|The MosoMRM Modules|