//php print_r($this); ?>
MOSO Desktop is an add-on that allows MOSO to work with printers, drawers, and barcode scanners. It is required starting with Mercury MR2 in order for MOSO to work with printers, drawers, and scanners.
This application replaces NPAPI / Java Applet features that are no longer supported by Chrome and Firefox.
Please note the application is not compatible with Windows XP.
Prerequisite - .Net 4.5.2 or higher via Windows Update
System Administrators Instructions
IT teams can now push the install to desktops using the following install file: Download MOSO.Desktop.App.PushInstall.exe from this link http://installer.mosocloud.com/SmartClient/MOSO.Desktop.App.PushInstall.exe
- Then use this command for pushing the install: MOSO.Desktop.App.PushInstall.exe "http://installer.mosocloud.com/SmartClient/MOSO.Desktop.App.Application"
- This push install can also be used on Workstations that have connection errors with the manual install and Chrome
- Uninstall current MOSO Desktop (may have to reboot)
- Download the push install to local workstation http://installer.mosocloud.com/SmartClient/MOSO.Desktop.App.PushInstall.exe
- Run “Command Prompt” as Administrator
- Change Directories to directory where you downloaded the exe
- Run from the Command Prompt: MOSO.Desktop.App.PushInstall.exe "http://installer.mosocloud.com/SmartClient/MOSO.Desktop.App.Application"
- Reboot workstation
The following are instructions on how to manually install MOSO Desktop.
The manual install of Desktop App is available for download from:
http://installer.mosocloud.com/SmartClient/setup.exe Please note that the App is Windows only.
Installing the App prior to MR 2 will not cause any problems / conflicts for the current version of Mercury.
This install is for Windows only and is a manual install on each workstation that prints receipts
- Download App by clicking on the link above
- Click Download indicator in Browser
- Run Setup Exe
- Run through installer
- Say yes to Certificate warning (will allow Desktop App to automatically update itself in the future when a new version is posted)
- MOSO Desktop App will then run and be visible in application task bar with other running applications
- When clicked on then shows as small app running in lower right. Yellow alert is due to not having a Mercury MR 2 session of MOSO running. So all customers will see this until MR 2 is deployed.
After the Mercury MR 2 release, the Desktop App can still be downloaded from the link above or from within MOSO on the Downloads screen.