//php print_r($this); ?>
Activity Management is where you can view and manage all of a Member’s Activities. Activity Management can be accessed from the Launch Pad as well as from the Member Profile and Point of Sale. It works in conjunction with Scheduler and Childcare Services and gives you the ability to manage:
- Available Activities and Services
- Editing and Reinstatement
Childcare items give you access to the Childcare services and facilities but they are configured as standard Service Items. Hence, all of the Usage is tracked in the History tab. <p>The Member Statuses are running and updating in the background of MosoMRM, which constantly updates and creates the Activity records in Activity Management.
Activity Management and Scheduler Workflow
There is a flow to how Activity Management interacts with the Scheduler.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you simply book an Appointment in the Scheduler it will not display in Activity Management until it is paid for and redeemed at the location.
- When you sell an activity in POS or schedule a prepaid activity in Scheduler, an Activity record with a "Status" is immediately generated in Activity Management. The initial Statuses are as follows:
- "Sale" - For any prepaid activity.
- "Scheduled" - For any subsequently scheduled session within a package.
- The next step is to either Redeem or Cancel the activity.
- There are four (4) ways to redeem an activity, however, using the Scheduler is the preferred method.
- Each type of redemption has it's own related correlates to its own Status in Activity Management.
- When you cancel an unpaid activity from the Scheduler, it is simply removed from the Scheduler calendar.
- Activity Statuses are updated daily and display in the Activity record in the History tab.
Activity Item Setup
Though the Member's facility Access Items are also on this page, the primary function of the Activity Management page is to manage additional Service and Access items they have purchased e.g. Personal Training, Massage Therapy, Tanning, Pool Access, etc. Facility access is primarily managed through Check-In and also displays in the Usage tab on the Member Profile.
During Item Setup, if you select Service or Access in the Item Type drop-down list, the product is filtered to the Activity Management page. The distinguishing factor for most Service items in Activity Management is that they require a Service Provider.
The left section of the page is includes the Redemptions and History tabs. The Redemptions tab lists the Member's current activities and the number of remaining sessions, while the History tab displays what they have already used and when. The details for each Activity display ito the right but will not activate until you click that Activity in the left section.
You can Edit and Reinstate a "UNIT" (or Session) of an Activity in the History tab. A Unit is one (1) usage of a specific service e.g. a personal training session, a tanning session, etc. The information is edited and/or reinstated based on the specific service and unit you select and any previous recorded actions. See the EXAMPLE below.
The Activity Management page can be accessed from the Member Profile or from the Left Navigation panel on the Launch Pad. When you access the page from the Launch Pad, you will also have to find and select a customer. If you access the page from the Member Profile, the member's information is auto-populated.
To Navigate to the Activity Management Page:
- From the Launch Pad, click Activity Management in the left navigation panel.
- Click the Find Customer button in the top right corner. The Select Customer pop-up displays.
- Enter the member's number or the first letter of their last name in the field and select the appropriate member from the results field.
- Click OK.
To access the Activity Management page from the Member Profile, click the Activity Mgt button in the top right corner.
The Redemptions tab is the default view for all activities and where most of the actions will be performed.
- Redeeming an Activity
- Authorizing an Activity
- Sharing Activities
- Editing an Expiration Date
- Viewing and Editing the Expected Service Provider
Redeeming an Activity
There are four (4) places where you can redeem an Activity:
The preferred, and most common, method for redeeming an Activity is in the Scheduler.
You can only redeem unpaid Activities in the Appointments tab using the Pay and Redeem button on the toolbar. This button only activates for Activity records with a "Will pay at location" Payment Method.
Use, Late Cancel, No Show are the "used" statuses i.e. this session is considered to have been used or redeemed!
If you selected the Requires Service Provider to Redeem check box during Item Setup, selecting a Service Provider will be required to redeem the Activity or Service. If not, the Service Provider drop-down list will be read-only.
To Redeem an Activity:
- Select the activity in the Available Redemptions section (left). This activates the activity details on the right.
- If a Redemption Rule applies, a message will display noting which rule is being applied. In the screen shot below, sessions in this item (PT 10-45min) can only be redeemed at the facility at which they were purchased.
- The Date will default to the current time and date and the Location field will default to your current log-in Location. To change the Date:
- Click the down arrow to display the Calendar.
- Select the Date, Time, and Time Zone
- Click OK.
- If required, select a Service Provider. This activates the Redeem button.
- The Redeem As will default to Use.
- Late Cancel, No Show are the other available options, and are considered to be "used" statuses i.e. a session is considered to be used or redeemed with one of these actions.
- If you select a Redeem as radio button other than Use, entering comments is required and the Redeem button will deactivate.
- Click the Redeem button to redeem the session.
- After you redeem the session, the receipt will pop-up with the options to Email or Print that receipt (see below how to configure the Auto Email Redemption Receipt feature). You can also:
- Click the Receipt link on each line item to email or print the receipt.
- Click the History tab, and click the Receipt link on the specific line item to email or print the receipt.
Auto Email Activity Redemption Notification
You can configure your system to automatically generate and send an email when an Activity has been redeemed. This feature can be turned on or off at will based on the Auto email redemption receipt setting in Check-In & Activity Configuration.
If the Auto email redemption receipt check box is selected, an email will be automatically generated and sent when the Activity is redeemed with one of the following Activity Statuses:
This action can be performed here in Activity Management, at Check-In, or in the Scheduler and is sent to the email address, and in the same format, that currently displays in the Usage receipt pop-up window. Even though the email is automatically sent, that pop-up will continue to function in its normal manner so any receipts can be manually printed and/or sent to any other email addresses.
Activities being redeemed can be authorized by either a Manager or a Member, the latter using their Moso myClub password. This feature protects against fraud and is another layer of accountability for Managers and Employees, as well as Members. This tool also ensures that all Performance Commissions are accurately reconciled and paid out properly.
This feature also applies to Service Items ONLY and to sessions with a "Use" Activity Status.
If this feature has been configured, you will be prompted to authorize the Activity (Member and/or Employee) when you click the Redeem button. The Authorization prompt will display.
Click this link for the steps on How to Authorize an Activity.
NOTE: If the Member's Account is past due, a warning message displays at the top of the screen and the Enter PIN pop-up displays. If you have permissions to perform this function, enter your PIN and continue.
After any "action" is made on an Activity, the Status of that Activity is updated and recorded in the Action column on the Activity record. These actions also relate to the Action Types from the Appointment Details pop-up window on the Scheduler.
- The initial status is always "Sale" for all new prepaid Appointments (Remember...unpaid Appointments do not create an Activity record until they are redeemed!)
- When you you schedule an appointment, the next status is "Scheduled", or "Used" if it is redeemed through Activity Management or the Scheduler ("Attendance-show" Action Type).
- If the appointment is rebooked, rescheduled, there is a change to the Service Provider, or an adjustment is made in the Scheduler, an "Adjustment" status recorded.
- * If this is a prepaid Activity, the Action status will change to "Scheduled Reinstate" i.e. this cancels the "scheduled" appointment and "reinstates" the unit.
- If an appointment is cancelled, a "Cancel" status is recorded.
The remaining statuses all relate to a used or redemption action that you select in the Scheduler. With all of these, the Activity is redeemed in both Activity Management and the Scheduler.
- Attendance-no show - If you select this option, you will be credited with "no showing" (not attending) for the appointment and a "No Show" status recorded.
- Late Cancel - This option means that the appointment was cancelled within your stated cancellation time limits and a "Late Cancel" status is recorded. The appointment will also be removed from the calendar and Service Provider gets credit for performing the service and thus, will get paid any applicable commissions.
Status Updates Best Practice
The status for all scheduled appointments gets switched to "Used" when the MosoMRM update is done at the end of the day. If you have any "No Show" or "Late Cancel" actions...ensure that all of the statuses are correct before the close of the business day!!!.
When purchasing activities with multiple units e.g. a 20-Pack of PT, 10-Pack of Massage, 25 Childcare Check-Ins, etc., through an Agreement or through the Scheduler, you can share the sessions with other Members.
- This applies to Service Items that are unit based ONLY.
- The sessions can be shared with ANYONE in the database.
- The sessions can be shared with multiple Members.
- If the service is purchased directly in POS, the sharing options can NOT be set in the POS interface. After you complete the transaction, you can go to the Member's Activity Management page to set those options.
The ability to use this feature requires the proper Feature Security Permission settings (View and Save), which are located in the Activity Management folder.
The first step to ensure than an item shareable, the new Allow Sharing check box must be selected when configuring the item in Item Setup. This setting can be activated and deactivated for any service at any time, however, if an item is deactivated, any previously shared services are still retroactively active i.e. if you have sold a shareable service that is being shared with two (2) others and you subsequently deactivate the option, you can still share the sessions with the original two Members but would NOT be able to share them with any new individuals.
You can set Activity Sharing options in:
- Activity Management - The Share button is active for shareable activities only.
- Agreement Writer - If you select a primary Bundle (Step 3) or an Additional Bundle or Service (Step 4) that includes a shareable Activity, the Choose Sharing Options step will become available at the end of the process.
To Share Activity Sessions:
- In a Member's Activity Management, in the Redemptions tab, select a Service in the Available Redemptions section (left).
- This activates the activity details on the right.
- If the item is configured to be shareable, the Share button activates.
- Click the Share button. The Activity Sharing pop-up window displays.
- A message displays at the top of the window that includes the Activity Name, the Remaining Units, and the available dates.
- The Name field includes the Advanced Search option.
- The Units field defaults to 1 (one) and the Shared Date defaults to current date.
- Enter or use the Search or Advanced Search to select the Member with which you are sharing the sessions.
- Click in the Units field and enter the number of sessions you are sharing.
- Enter or select the date on which the sessions are available sharing in the Shared Date field (required).
- Enter or select an End Date (optional) i.e. any shared sessions must be used (or scheduled) by this date.
- Click the Save button.
- Repeat the process to share sessions with additional Members.
The activity, including the shared amount of sessions, displays on the added Member's Activity Management page.
Should any of the Members with which you shared an activity redeems a session, the redemption record displays in both Activity History tabs i.e. In the primary Member's and the Member receiving the shared sessions. In the primary Member's history, the name of the Member who used the session will display in the Used By field, including their own when they redeem a session.
Editing an Expiration Date
Expected Service Provider
An Expected Service Provider (ESP) can now be associated with service items. For items sold with an Expected Service Provider (ESP), the ESP will display with that item on the Redemptions tab. The ESP can be updated from there which will automatically update the ESP in the History view as well. The ability to update the ESP requires the proper Feature Security Permission setting (Change Expected Service Provider), which is located in the Activity Management folder.
To view a Member's Activity history, simply click the History tab and search for or select an activity in the left navigation panel. This not only includes Service Items such as PT and Tanning but also includes all Childcare Services.
Once you have selected the Activity, the right section will populate with a detailed history of each redemption. To edit a specific session, double-click the record. This activates the Edit buttons at the bottom of the page (currently Inactive).
Reinstating an Activity
After a service is used or redeemed, cases may arise where that service needs to be reinstated e.g. incorrect provider, wrong Member, etc. The Reinstatement Reasons give you the ability return that service to the Member and also categorizes why the reinstatement occurred. These Reinstatement Reasons are added in the System Configuration in the Inventory, Activities & Related Settings section.
Reinstatement of an Activity is done in the History tab. When you reinstate an Activity, a new Action line item is created and added to the Member's record. See Edit and Reinstatement Examples below for the steps on how to Reinstate an Activity.
The only required data are the Name and Description of the Reinstatement Reason and if you decide that a note is required for every reinstatement, you can select the Note Required check box.
Reinstating an Expired Activity
You can also reinstate an expired Activity. When an Activity expires, an expiration record is created and stored in the database and are subsequently labeled as "Expired" in the Actions column. These are reinstated in the same manner as any other Activity.
Proper Operations Security (right click) is required to be able to reinstate an Activity. You must have permissions for the Change operation in the Reinstate Expired tab.
Editing an Activity
You can edit any unit or session within an Activity. The previous actions on that specific record will determine what you can or can not edit. However, you can always add Comments to a record.
On the Edit pop-up, you can edit the Location and the Action (Type drop-down list). You can edit the Provider if the service required a Service Provider, if not, the Provider drop-down list will be deactivated.
Edit and Reinstatement Example
In the following examples, you will see the steps to Edit and/or Reinstate a service (disregard the dates):
Example 1: Reinstating an Expired Activity
Eldrick T. Golfer purchased a PT session ("PTX") that he subsequently let expire.
To Reinstate an Activity Session:
- Click the appropriate record in the right panel. This will activate the buttons in the lower right corner of the user interface.
- Click the Reinstate button. The Reinstate pop-up window displays.
- Select a Reinstatement Reason from the Reason drop-down list.
- Enter Comments in the text box. Entering a Comment is only required if you selected the Note Required check box in the Reinstatement Reasons configuration.
- You can adjust the expiration date of the reinstated Activity in the New Expiration Date Field. Enter a new date, or click the Calendar icon and select a new date.
- Click Save.
A limited number of data fields are available on the reinstatement form. The Reinstatement ("Reinstate") will be reflected in the Action column of the member's Action History.
The Activity list (left panel) was automatically updated to reflect the reinstated quantity (1).
Example 2: Reinstating a Used Activity
Session 1 of 2 available sessions in the "Promo PT 1 Hour" was redeemed ("used") with "Kevin Smalls" as the Provider. The session numbers are reflected in the Units/Unit# column of the member's Action History.
Session 1 was then Reinstated because of an injury to the member using the same steps as in Example 1 above.
The Activity list (left panel) was automatically updated to reflect the reinstated quantity (2).
Example 3: Editing a Used Activity
Session 1 was subsequently redeemed with "Stacy Banks" as the Provider.
However, it was later noticed that Stacy Banks is the incorrect Provider. To edit, or make an Adjustment to a session, click the appropriate record in the right panel. This will activate the buttons in the lower right corner of the user interface. Click the Edit button and complete the form. Note that there are more options available for an Adjustment than a Reinstatement. The "Adjustment" will be reflected in the Action column of the member's Action History.
As stated earlier, only the last line item for a particular Unit or Session can be adjusted. Hence in the previous example, the second "Use" of Session 1 with Stacy Banks as the Provider can not be adjusted because it is no longer the last line item for that Unit. An adjustment can only be made for the "Use" with Nikki Brown as the Provider because that is now the last line item for Session 1.
Print Activity History Report
The Print button in the Activity History tab allows you to print a report showing a member's purchase and usage history for a specific Activity package. You have the option to export this report as a PDF file.
The Activity History report can only be printed for one activity package at a time. The report contains information about the purchase and usage of the package.
To print a member's activity from the Activity History tab:
- Select an activity in the lower left.
- Optional: Set a date range filter in the left panel.
- Click the Print button in the lower right.
Once the report has been generated, you can also export it to PDF using the button in the upper-right:
Expected Service Provider
An Expected Service Provider (ESP) can now be associated with service items. For items sold with an Expected Service Provider (ESP), the ESP will display with that item on the History tab. The ESP can be updated from there which will automatically update the ESP in the Redemptions view as well. The ability to update the ESP requires the proper Feature Security Permission setting (Change Expected Service Provider), which is located in the Activity Management folder.
Service Provider Restrictions
When configuring your Staff Work Roles, you can restrict which services can be redeemed by staff members assigned to those Work Roles. An Edit link is available in the Service Provider column on the Staff Work Roles page to display the
You must have already configured your item Categories in the Category Setup. Click the Edit link to select which services a staff member can provide within the Categories. In the example below, a staff member within the Fitness Service category can now provide all Personal Training services (and all services in that sub-category).
Security has been added to the Redemption functionality. Four (4) tabs have been added which control permissions:
These permissions control which buttons will be activated at the bottom of the History page and what information within you can edit e.g. if you do NOT have permission to write "Comments", you will have access to the Reinstate page but the Comments text box will NOT be activated.
NOTE: You can use the shift key to multi-select the different permissions.
|The MosoMRM Modules|