//php print_r($this); ?>
The Tax Authority Configuration is where you identify and set up which state and local entities for which you collect taxes. This configuration must be done BEFORE the Tax Setup because the records you enter here populate the Tax Authority drop-down list when you are defining the Tax Allocation during the Tax Setup.
Since Taxes are product type dependent and specific to each state or local municipality, you must set up each Tax Authority that applies to each specific Enterprise, Division, or Business Unit.
If multiple authorities receive a portion of the total tax amount, both of these Authorities must be added to your database e.g. if you sell a product in New York City with a 9% tax rate; the City of New York receives 5% of the total taxes collected and the State of New York receives the remaining 4% of the total collected.
Configuring Tax Authorities
This is a single page form with the adding and editing done in a row editor.
To Add a Tax Authority:
- From the Launch Pad, click the System Configuration icon in the left navigation panel.
- In the Tax section, select Tax Authority Configuration.
- Enter the Tax Authority in the Name text box.
- Enter a brief Description of the Tax Authority in the text box.
- Enter the State abbreviation and Country Code (not required) in their appropriate text boxes.
- Select the Tax Authority Type in the Type drop-down list (These are hard coded entries).
- If you want this Tax Authority to be Inactive, select the Inactive check box.
- Click the Update button.
To Edit a Tax Authority:
- If you are not already on the Tax Authority Configuration page, repeat Steps 1 and 2 above.
- Double Click in the record you wish to edit. The row editor displays.
- Make the necessary edits and click Update.
And remember to set your Screen Security when you get to the next page!
Tax Authority Configuration
Rentals Configuration | Enterprise & Location Setup | Inventory, Activities & Related Settings | Data Management | Financial | Sales & Prospecting | Workstations & Devices | Employees & Staff | Tax | Scheduler | Childcare Configuration & Settings | System Maintenance |