//php print_r($this); ?>
This is where you configure your Staff Work Roles. This sets the Feature Security Permission levels for all users within the application. This is another critical step when setting up your organization and is typically done when you add a new employee.
The preferred method to assign permissions, especially for facilities with larger staffs, is BY WORK ROLE not by Individuals!!!!
Configuring Work Roles
Your MosoMRM application comes standard with a Default Work Role. This Work Role has full permissions and complete access to the system. You can edit and/or rename this Work Role at your discretion.
To Add a Work Role:
- From the Launch Pad, click the System Configuration icon in the left navigation panel.
- In the Employees & Staff section, select Staff Work Roles.
- Click Add.
- Enter the Work Role in the Name text box.
- Enter a description of the Work Role in the Description text box. Once you enter one (1) character in this text box, the Update button will activate.
- POS Categories link: Click the 'Edit' link to view the categories and select whether the work role has the ability to sell and/or return category items. Select the checkbox next to 'Ability to Sell' to enable selling for all category items and click the checkbox next to 'Ability to Return' to enable returns for all category items. Note that if a user attempts to return an item that they do not have permission to return, an error displays and they are prompted to enter a PIN for another user with permission.
- Service Provider link:
- Sales Adviser - If you select this check box, only employees with that Work Role will display, and can subsequently be selected, in the Sales Adviser drop-down list in Step 1 of the Agreement Writer.
- If this Work Role has Administrator privileges, select the System Admin check box. If not, leave it clear.
- If you would like to make this Work Role inactive, select the Inactive check box.
- Click Update.
Feature Security Permissions
After you have added the Work Role, you can add Feature Security Permissions. The permissions for each Work Role display in a tree view on the right side of the page.
To Add Feature Security Permissions to a Work Role:
- Click the record of the Work Role to activate the tree view.
- Open the view ("plus" button) of the functional area for which you are assigning the permissions and select the appropriate check box(es) within that functional area.
- If you click the record of a Work Role with existing permissions already selected, all of the folders containing those permissions will automatically open for you in the tree view.
- Click the Save Changes button and then the Reload button for the permissions to take effect. (NOTE: This also acts as a "refresh" to the system and gives you the ability to activate these changes without leaving the application).
This specific security configuration works in conjunction with the Delegated Authentication URL feature, which allows you to set up a specific URL that validates against your active directory or network site, and allows for a single sign-on to any local Workstation or network using a single network password instead of your standard credentials.
It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that only the System Admin Work Role have access to this feature.
In the Network Security folder, you have four (4) options.
- If you select the Add, Delete, or Update Network Security check boxes, that gives that Work Role access to the Network Security Restrictions in the Enterprise Security Configuration.
- If you select the Restrict access based on IP address check box, the Delegated Authentication URL feature is active for this Work Role and you will need the proper network credentials to log-on to the system. If you leave the check box clear, you can bypass the authentication process to log-on even if that feature has been activated.
Editing and Updating a Work Role
If a Staff Member assigned to a Work Role can be a Service Provider within specific Categories, you can add that during the edit process.
A Service Provider is required if during Item Setup, you selected Service in the Item Type drop-down list and then selected the Service Provider Required to Redeem check box.
To Edit a Work Role:
- Go to the Staff Work Roles in the System Configuration.
- Click in the desired record and then click the Edit button or double-click that record. The row editor displays.
- Edit the Name or Description and/or select or clear the System Admin or Inactive check boxes and click Save.
- If you are adding a Service Provider to this Work Role, click the Edit link in the Service Provider column. A list of the Item Categories and Subcategories of Service item types will be listed and available for selection.
- Select the appropriate Category check box or click the arrow to expand the Category and select the appropriate Subcategory check boxes.
- Click Save.
And remember to set your Screen Security when you get to the next page!
|Employees & Staff|
Staff Work Roles
Rentals Configuration | Enterprise & Location Setup | Inventory, Activities & Related Settings | Data Management | Financial | Sales & Prospecting | Workstations & Devices | Employees & Staff | Tax | Scheduler | Childcare Configuration & Settings | System Maintenance |