//php print_r($this); ?>
The Make Payment page is where all payment transaction activity is conducted. Should any credit card information need to be changed or updated, go to the [wiki:"Account Change Request"] page in the My Account menu.
The Make Payment page displays the member's current balance and defaults to the existing credit card information. The credit card number is encrypted and the entire process is "PCI Compliant".
The payment and accounting processes are set up and pulled directly from your Conexion (CX) or eClub system.
How to Configure the Make Payment Page
The editing process for this page is detailed as it covers both the current credit card on file and any other cards used for making payments.
To Edit the Make Payment Page:
- Go to the Edit "Make Payment" page.
- Enter a title in the Title text box.
- Enter a Help Tip in the appropriate text box.
- Enter the detailed text for the help tip in the Help Tip Detail text box.
- Enter a label for the Name on Card field in the Name on Card Label text box. This is where you will enter the member's name as it appears on the card in the New Card section of the interface.
- Enter a label for the second address field in the Address2Label Label text box. Typically you will enter the suite or apartment number of the member in the New Card section of the interface.
- Enter a label for the expiration date field in the Card Expiry Date Label text box. This is where the expiration date of the member's current credit card is displayed.
- Enter a label for the Card Verification Code (CVV) text box in the CVC Label text box. The typical entry in this field is CVV of CVV2. This text box displays on the payment screen and is required data for processing a payment.
- Enter a label for the billing zip code field in the Billing Zip Label text box. The billing zip code, which could be different than the zip code that they entered in their Account Information, displays on the payment page.
- Enter a label for the payment amount entry field in the Amount To Pay Label text box. The member's payment amount is entered in this field on the payment page.
- Enter a label for the expiration date line in the Outstanding Balance Label text box. This displays the member's current balance on the payment page.
- Enter a label for the payment button in the Make Payment Button Label text box.
The labels in Steps 13-18 display on the Payment Receipt, which displays after the payment has been made and accepted.
- Enter a label for the expiration date line in the Payment Receipt Label text box.
- Enter the message text for a successful payment transaction in the Payment Success Message text box.
- Enter a label for the payment date field in the Payment Date Label text box.
- Enter a label for the transaction number field in the Payment Transaction Number Label text box.
- Enter a label for the type of payment made field in the Payment Made Label text box.
- Enter a label for the remaining balance field in the Remaining Balance Label text box.
- Click Save and publish.
The images below maps where the information from all of the fields in the Edit "Make Payment" page display on the actual website user interface.
Red Text Box = Name of Field/Text Box from Edit "Make Payment" page.
The field labels when entering a new credit card are the same as the existing credit card.
The Payment Receipt page labels.
How to Make a Payment
All transactions display in your View Transaction History after they are reconciled.
In the example above:
- This member's balance as of Thursday, January 27, 2011 was $0.
- The following day they made a purchase for $239.44 (left column), which gives them a current balance of $239.44 (right column).
- They then made a payment of $10.50 (left column), leaving a balance of $228.94 (right column).
- They subsequently made two (2) more payments ($20.94 and $50.00), leaving a balance of $158.00.
To Make a Payment:
- On the home page, click the My Account link. If you are not already logged in, enter your Username and Password and click the Sign In button.
- Select Make Payment from the My Account menu drop-down list or click the Make Payment link in the right panel. The Make Payment page displays with the Current Balance field (solid black) pre-populated.
- Enter the amount of your payment in the Payment Amount field (solid black).
- If the amount is accurate and you are using the existing credit card on file, enter the three (3) digit security code from the back of the card in the CVV2 text box and click the Make Payment button.
- If you are not using the existing credit card on file, select the New Card radio button, enter the required data (all fields on this page are required with the exception of Credit Card Type) and click the Make Payment button.
- Name on Card
- Card Number
- Card Type (drop-down list)
- Expiration Date (date box)
- CVV2 Code
- Address1 (Billing Street Address for that card)
- Zip (Billing Zip Code)
- After the payment processes, the Payment Receipt page displays with the transaction date, transaction #, the amount of the payment made and the account balance (NOTE: the new account balance will not be reflected on this receipt or in your transaction history until all of the days receipts are reconciled).
- If you would like to print this receipt or make another transaction, click the respective (Click) here link below the receipt box.
So continuing with the above transaction history example...
The member has a current balance of $158.00 (right column) and a $58.00 payment (left column) was made on February 3, 2011. The payment was approved and after reconciling the books that night, the member's new current balance is an even $100.00 (right column).
|myClub My Account Features|