//php print_r($this); ?>
The Invalid Credit Cards configuration gives you the ability to block specific credit card types (Visa, MasterCard, etc.) from being used during transactions in POS ONLY. Though the Invalid Credit Card functionality works in conjunction with BILLING, those specific transactions are primarily governed by the Decline Reasons functionality.
Configuring Invalid Credit Card Information
To Add an Invalid Credit Card:
- From the Launch Pad, click the System Configuration icon in the left navigation panel.
- In the Financial section, select Invalid Credit Cards.
- Enter up to the first six (6) digits in the BIN/IIN (see below) text box.
- Enter a Description.
- If you would like to prevent this card from being used in POS, select the Prevent POS check box (Default=Selected)
- If you would like to prevent this card from being used for recurring billing, select the Prevent Recurring check box (Default=Selected).
- Click Update.
- If you left either of the two (2) check boxes in the previous steps as selected, a value of "true" displays for that record. If you cleared either of the check boxes, a value of "false" displays.
- In the Screen Shot below, "51" are the actual first two digits of any MasterCard Gift Card. The Prevent POS check box was cleared while the Prevent Recurring check box was left selected. Hence, any MasterCard can be used at POS but NOT for any recurring charges e.g. an Agreement payment.
NOTE: The Issuer Identification Number (IIN) is the first six (6) digits of any credit or gift card. This is also referred to as the Bank Identification Number (BIN).
And remember to set your Screen Security when you get to the next page!
Rentals Configuration | Enterprise & Location Setup | Inventory, Activities & Related Settings | Data Management | Financial | Sales & Prospecting | Workstations & Devices | Employees & Staff | Tax | Scheduler | Childcare Configuration & Settings | System Maintenance |