//php print_r($this); ?>
The Financial Configuration is where you set up:
- Currency Settings
- Cash Application Method
- Manage General Ledger (GL) Codes
How to Configure Your Financial Information
In each of the three (3) sections, you can select the Use Default Settings check box to default to the higher level settings in your hierarchy, which are typically at the Enterprise level.
To Configure Your Financial Information:
- From the Launch Pad, click the System Configuration icon in the left navigation panel.
- In the Enterprise & Business Unit Setup section, select Financial Configuration.
- Select the Business Unit, Division, or Enterprise you want to configure from the drop-down list.
- In the Currency Settings section, if you want to configure other settings (see below) and not use the defaults:
- Select the Enable check box if you are going to use the Multiple Currency Support features. If not, leave the check box clear.
- Select your Default Currency and Default Reporting Currency from their respective drop-down lists. US Dollars (USD) and Euros (EUR) are your only options.
- In the Cash Application Method section, the default setting for the Use Enterprise Settings check box is selected or you can clear the check box and select the Distribute as % of Total Transaction radio button to determine your tendered amount distribution method. (NOTE: Apply starting with first item in transaction is not operational)
- In the Forecasting section, enter the number of days in the Forecast Days text box. This determines how many days ahead you will be able to view Billing forecasts in Data Analytics (reports).
- Click the Manage GL Codes link. The GL Codes page displays.
- Click Add.
- Enter the GL Code (required) and Description in their respective text boxes.
- Select the type of account (revenue, expense, asset, etc.) you are applying to this GL Code in the Account Type drop-down list.
- The Value From field defaults your selected Enterprise, Division, or Business Unit.
- Click Update.
GL Code Configuration Tip
If you are adding GL Codes at the Division or Business Unit levels, and your accounting protocols are tied to your Enterprise, make sure they are consistent with your Enterprise level codes.
And remember to set your Screen Security when you get to the next page!
|Enterprise & Business Unit Setup|
Rentals Configuration | Enterprise & Location Setup | Inventory, Activities & Related Settings | Data Management | Financial | Sales & Prospecting | Workstations & Devices | Employees & Staff | Tax | Scheduler | Childcare Configuration & Settings | System Maintenance |