//php print_r($this); ?>
The Event itself must still be manually created in MosoMRM. This gives you the ability to import multiple instances per Event at different locations, on different dates and times, and with multiple instructors.
The Event Import configuration page displays and stores all of the pertinent import data including:
- Import ID (auto-generated by application)
- Type of validation (Validate Only or Validate and Import)
- Status (Not Started, In Progress, Completed, or Completed with Errors)
- Status Date in UTC time
- Total Rows imported
- Successful number of imported rows
- Failed number of imported rows i.e. rows that contained errors.
How to do an Event Import
The Import Events pop-up window is where you select the .csv file to import and verify that it is formatted properly before it is imported.
To Import Events:
- From the Launch Pad, click the System Configuration icon in the left navigation panel.
- In the Scheduler section, select Event Import. This opens the Event Import Status page.
- To start the import process, click the Import New Events button. The Import New Event Instances pop-up window displays.
- Select a .csv file from your hard drive. Click the icon to the right of the CSV File text box to open your documents library to select a file.
- Click the Check CSV button. This verifies that the .csv file is properly formatted and activates the Save button.
- If it is properly formatted, a message banner displays informing you of the number of rows in the file.
- If it is not properly formatted, an error message is returned advising you that this is not a valid .csv file.
- Select either Validate Only or Validate and Import. (see below for more information)
- Validate Only - This goes through the process of checking each row of the file for errors and bad data only.
- Validate and Import - This does the same validation process AND automatically imports the Instances into the Events page.
- After you have made your selection, click the Save button to start the process for the task you selected.
Update Event Resources
Both validation types generate a record that displays on this page only. Each record includes a unique ID number and a Status as it moves through the stages of the process. The import itself is done through a tool on the back end of the application that pings MosoMRM periodically to see what tasks are available for processing.
- Not Started
- In Progress
- Completed with Errors
Total Rows = Succeeded + Failed
- Succeeded = Rows that were analyzed included no errors or data anomalies.
- Failed = Rows that are formatted properly, but may include errors or some sort of data anomaly.
A Completed status will only be returned if the validation was done and ALL rows Succeeded, so those the number of Total Rows should equal the number of Succeeded rows.
A Completed with Errors status will be returned if one (1) or more rows have Failed. In the example below, Import ID #44 includes 400 Total Rows-182 Succeeded, 218 Failed (182 + 218 = 400).
- It is recommended that you run a Validate Only upload before a Validate and Import. This gives you a chance to verify that the file formatting is correct and to clean up any data errors.
- Pending on how many records you have in your database, be prudent as to the time of day you do your upload and import. This process can take multiple hours to complete pending on how many records you are validating and importing.
Rentals Configuration | Enterprise & Location Setup | Inventory, Activities & Related Settings | Data Management | Financial | Sales & Prospecting | Workstations & Devices | Employees & Staff | Tax | Scheduler | Childcare Configuration & Settings | System Maintenance |