//php print_r($this); ?>
The Billing Schedules functionality gives you the ability to configure the automatic processing of payments. A separate Billing Schedule can be applied to each line item in the Bundle if you so chose, to control payment options.
How to Configure Billing Schedules
The Recurrence Pattern you select on the New Schedule pop-up window will determine which options become available in the lower portion of that same section.
Configuration Tip...remember to also configure any rebilling schedules you want in effect.
Configuring Billing Schedules
To Configure Billing Schedules:
- From the Launch Pad, click the System Configuration icon in the left navigation panel.
- In the Financial section, select Billing Schedules.
- In the Process Schedules section (left), click Add. The New Schedule page displays.
- Enter the Name of the schedule in the Name text box.
- Enter a Description of the schedule in the Description text box.
- In the Dates section (upper right), enter an Effective Dates for the schedule or click the Calendar icon to the right of the field and select a date. If necessary, repeat this process for the End Date.
- Select the frequency of the schedule in the Recurrence Pattern drop-down list. The hard-coded options include:
- Enter, or use the up and down arrows to select, how many times the pattern will recur in the Recur Every field.
- Once you have completed the Schedule (See Below), an example of the next SIX (6) actual dates will display in the Processing Dates section (right side).
- Click Save.
The configuration of the bottom left section has a flow that is based on the selection you made in the Recurrence Pattern drop-down list. If you selected the following:
- Name: "Rebilling"
- Recurrence Pattern: "Weekly"
- Recur Every: "1"
- On these Days: "Wednesday"
The schedule can be said like this..."The Rebilling schedule occurs Once a Week on Wednesday."
At this point, the selection you made in the Recurrence Pattern drop-down list will determine which options will display and become available for selection. Regardless of your selection in the Recurrence Pattern drop-. down list however, you MUST select one of the Radio Buttons to complete your schedule.
If you select the On Anniversary Based on Agreement radio button, the task will occur on the date entered in the Agreement, which will typically be the Effective Date you entered in the top section of the page.
If you select a Monthly recurrence pattern, you can select multiple "months" in the Recur Every field and then select the On these dates radio button to select which "Days" within the month(s) the schedule task will be completed.
In the screen shot below, the schedule is set to Recur Every ONE (1) month on the 1st and 15th of that month.
If you select a Weekly recurrence pattern, you can enter multiple "weeks" in the Recur Every field then select the On these dates radio button and select which "Day(s) of the Week" the schedule will be billed.
In the screen shot below, the schedule is set to run every TWO (2) weeks on THURSDAY i.e. it will run on Thursday 4/21/2011 then again on 5/5/2011 and again on 5/19/2011 etc.
If you select a Daily recurrence pattern, you simply select how many "days" in the Recur Every field that you want the schedule to be billed. There are no Radio Buttons to select for this option.
In the screen shot below, the task is set to run every TEN (10) days.
If you select a Yearly recurrence pattern, you simply select how many "year(s)" in the Recur Every field, then select the On radio button to select which "day of the year" the schedule will be billed.
In the screen shot below, the task is set to run every YEAR (once) on May 7.
Biweekly Billing is the process of billing every other week, typically on a specific day.
In MosoMRM, the schedule is calculated off a "seed" date that you enter in the First Bill Date field. This seed date sets the pattern for that billing schedule, regardless of the Member's actual Agreement Start Date during that week. For example, if a Member's Agreement Start Date is Tuesday, April 3, their first bill date in the biweekly schedule will be Friday, April 6. The next bill date will April 20, May 4, May 18, etc. If the Start Date is Wednesday, April 4 or Thursday, April 5, the same biweekly schedule would still apply.
The First Bill Date field works in conjunction with the Recur Every setting:
- If a First Bill date is entered in this field with a Recur Every setting that is greater than One (1), the billing occurs on the recurrence pattern and the duration of the schedule.
- If a First Bill date is not entered, the billing is calculated strictly off the duration of the schedule.
Once you link the Billing Schedule to any other entity (Bundle, Account, etc.) or it has been processed at least once, the Start Date is no longer editable. After you enter the schedule information, click the Refresh button in the Processing Dates section to display the next six (6) billing dates.
Configuring a Biweekly Billing Schedule
To configure a Biweekly Billing Schedule with a Friday billing day,using the "seed" date, enter the following information:
- First Bill Date: 9/19/2013 (Thursday)
- Recurrence Pattern: Weekly
- Recur Every: 2
- On these day(s): Friday
This configuration will produce the following Processing Dates:
You MUST be in edit mode for the fields in the Assigned Tenders pop-up to be activated. Unlike many of the forms in MosoMRM, you can double-click directly in any of the fields on this pop-up to edit the data.
To Configure Schedule Settings:
- In the Process Schedules section (left panel), click the Schedule for which you want to add Settings.
- In the Billing Settings section (right panel), click Add.
- Select an Enterprise, Division, or Business Unit you want to apply this schedule to in the Location drop-down list.
- Select a Start Date and an End Date. (Tip...the Start Date will typically be the same as the previously entered Effective Date.)
- To add Tenders, click the Edit link in the Allow Tenders field. The Assigned Tenders pop-up displays, listing the available Tenders for that Business Unit.
- Select the check boxes of the Tenders you want to add that will apply to this Schedule.
- To edit any of the remaining fields, double-click in the field to activate the editor (drop-down list or text box).
- If you want to apply a Rebilling schedule to this primary schedule (optional), select a Billing Schedule from the Rebilling Schedule drop-down list. This drop-down list includes all of the Billing Schedules you have previously configured.
- This sets the reprocessing schedule for any declined payments.
- Click the following links for more information on:
- If you want this Rebilling Schedule to be included in Aging and in the aging reports, double click and enter the Aging Minimum (days) and Aging Maximum (days) in each of those fields. (NOTE: These Min and Max days apply to Rebilling ONLY...see Rebilling Example below).
- Click Done. You will be returned to the Billing Settings row editor.
- The Statements Allowed check box defaults to selected. This allows you to get a Statement for your billing or payment. Clear the check box if you do not want this feature activated.
- Click Update.
If your standard Billing is on the "1st" of each month and that happens to fall on a Thursday and your standard Rebilling day is on "Friday" and the Aging Minimum (days) has been configured to more than one (1) day, the Rebilling picks up on the following Friday. This is because the initial Rebilling is not within the configured Min or Max days.
Click the following links for how to:
And remember to set your Screen Security when you get to the next page!
Rentals Configuration | Enterprise & Location Setup | Inventory, Activities & Related Settings | Data Management | Financial | Sales & Prospecting | Workstations & Devices | Employees & Staff | Tax | Scheduler | Childcare Configuration & Settings | System Maintenance |