//php print_r($this); ?>
Activity sessions being redeemed can be authorized by either a Manager or a Member. Authorization can be performed using two (2) methods:
- Using your Moso myClub password
- Using your Signature Capture] device.
This feature protects against fraud and is another layer of accountability for Managers and Employees, as well as Members. This tool also ensures that all Performance Commissions are accurately reconciled and paid out properly.
This feature also applies to Service Items ONLY and only to sessions with . a "Use" Activity Status. Activity sessions can be authorized in four (4) places:
Authorization Configuration Order
There are multiple configurations and two (2) critical security setting that must be completed to effectively use this feature with either method.
It is recommended that you complete the configuration in this order for :
- In the Workstations Configuration - In the Member Activity Validation drop-down list, select either Moso myClub Password or Signature Capture.
- If you select the Signature Capture option, you MUST also select Yes in the Signature Device drop-down list.
- The Authorization tab in the Redemption Rules - There is a lone check box in this configuration and if selected, requires that the MEMBER AUTHORIZE that the session is being Used before the redemption is finalized. This does NOT apply to Managers or other users, who can still authorize the redemption (see Authorizing an Activity below).
- In Item Setup, you must select a Redemption Rule for which authorization is required.
- Set the specific Feature Security Permission settings:
- Employee allowed to authorize activity redemption
- Allow View Staff Appointment Audit-My Planner
- This activates the Staff Appointments Audit node in My Planner and gives a Manager or Administrator the permission to view and subsequently authorize the redemption of a session.
- On this page, you can view the Member or Manager and the date on which they authorized any redemption for a specific Business Unit.
Authorizing an Activity
IMPORTANT NOTE...the steps or Authorizing a session using either method are primarily the same!!!
The following steps are for Authorizations using your Moso myClub Password ONLY. Click HERE for the subtle differences when using the Signature Capture device.
The Authorization prompt is a full screen window that looks similar to the Check-In interface. However, it is not in any way linked to the Check-In functionality.
- If the Member is redeeming a prepaid item or purchasing an item for which they are redeeming on that day, and Member Authorization is required for that item, the Authorization prompt will display immediately. (NOTE: This does NOT work in conjunction with the Auto-Redeeming an Activity configuration on your Workstations.)
- When an item does not require Member Authorization, a Manager or other user with the proper security permissions can still authorize the redemption thru Scheduler, My Planner, or the Appointments tab on the Member Profile. This is strictly for the purpose of managing and reconciling the proper Commissions.
- A Manager or employee can Authorize a session on a past or current appointment, not a future appointment.
- You can continue with the redemption transaction WITHOUT authorization but you must come back later and complete the process for the Member and Service Provider to get credit for that redemption.
This requires that the Member knows their Moso myClub password. Again, this feature is independent of any Check-In functionality so the Authorization will typically take place at another Workstation in the club, most likely at the fitness desk or office.
You will get the Authorization prompt immediately when you:
- Redeem the Activity in Activity Management
- Redeem a Pay at Location Activity - Select Pay Now & Redeem Action Type in the Action Type drop-down list in the Appointment on the Scheduler Calendar.
- Redeem a Prepaid Activity - Select Authorize appointment in the Action Type drop-down list in the Appointment on the Scheduler Calendar.
In the latter two options, you can also access the Authorization prompt in the Appointments tab on the Member Profile.
- For the Pay Now and Redeem option, you can click the Member link on the Appointment, which directs you to their Member Profile page. In the Appointments tab, click the Pay Now and Redeem button to Authorize the Activity. In this situation you will then be directed to POS to pay for and complete the transaction.
- If you have a Prepaid Activity and go to the Agreements tab, you can select the Activity record and click the Authorize button (on the current or a past date).
For a Member to Authorize an Activity:
- Select a method (above) to display the Authorization prompt.
- In Activity Management, select an Available Redemption (left). The right section activates.
- Add or select any other required information and click the Redeem button. The Authorization prompt will display. (NOTE: If the Member's Account is past due, a warning message displays at the top of the screen and the Enter PIN pop-up displays. If you have permissions to perform this function, enter your PIN and continue.)
- When the prompt displays, enter your Moso myClub password in the Enter Your Password to Confirm text box.
- Click the Confirm Member button. If the the password is correct and the authorization is confirmed, the button will turn green.
- Click the Continue button to complete the Member Authorization. When the Member Authorization is complete, the Confirm Member button and the text box will be removed from the page.
- The Member Authorization information will now displays on the Activity record in:
Employee Authorization does NOT require Member Authorization as a prerequisite, or even that the item be configured as requiring Member Authorization. If the item is configured to not require Member Authorization, you can still complete the Employee Authorization in the same places in the application listed earlier.
For an Employee to Authorize an Activity:
- After the Member Authorization is complete, the prompt remains displayed but without any of the Member Authorization buttons or fields.
- Click the Employee Authorization button.
- The standard MosoMRM Enter PIN pop-up field displays (must have the proper permissions to perform this function).
- Enter your PIN.
- After you enter your PIN, the Employee Authorization button will turn green.
- Click the the Employee Authorization button and then click the Continue button.
- The Employee Authorization information will now displays on the Activity record in:
- After BOTH Authorizations have been completed, the Authorize appointment option is no longer available in the Action Type drop-down list on the Scheduler.
Appointments Tab & My Planner
After a Member Authorizes the Activity:
- Member Authorized - This displays how the Member completed the Authorization. Currently, MyClubPassword is the only option.
- Member Authorization Date - This displays the date and time of the Member Authorization.
- Since there can still be an Employee Authorization, the Authorize button remains active.
After an Employee Authorizes the Activity:
- Manager Authorized - This displays which Manager, or other Employee, completed the Authorization.
- Manager Authorized Date - This displays the date and time of the Manager Authorization.
- In the screen shot below, since BOTH Authorizations have been completed, the Authorize button is disabled. If the Employee Authorization was done prior to the Member Authorization, this button would remain active.
In My Planner, an individual User can have access to their own appointments only through the Scheduled Appointments node (left). With the proper permissions, the Staff Appointments Audit node can be activated where you can view all of the redeemed sessions within a given time period. (NOTE: It is recommended that Managers, Fitness Directors and System Administrators ONLY be given permission to use this feature.)
The Date fields default to the current date out to one week in advance. To minimize performance issues, you can only display one (1) month worth of records e.g April 1st to May 1st of the same year. The records display the same Authorization information as in the Appointments tab and also the following additional information:
- Description - Item Name
- Staff Member
- Member (link to Member Profile)
- Status (Activity)
- Redeemed by Check-In - This will be either Yes or blank. If the auto redeem at Check-In feature is activated and applicable to this redemption, then this field will be Yes. Otherwise it will be blank.
Signature Capture Authorization
The primary difference when using the Signature Capture device to Authorize a session is that the Signature button will display in lieu of the Enter Your Password to Confirm text box.
Select that button and the Signature Capture interface displays along with the device prompt, both of which will include the following information:
- Redemption Date and Time
- Activity (or Unit Name)
- Resource (Trainer if an appointment or first instructor if an Event)
- Member ID and Name
|The MosoMRM Modules|